Gone Bananas

When the raw, rainy April days hit there is but one cure, mini muffins!!! To be more specific mini banana muffins. Banana muffins are the chameleon of muffins. They can be combined with nuts, chocolate, peanut butter chips or whatever else you think may go swell in a banana muffin. Banana muffins are also the ultimate treat because you get your daily intake of fruit, HELLOOO BANANA, while also being able to consume them for breakfast, a midday pick me up, snack, or night time treat. You'll also notice that I have gone with mini muffins because anything miniature that you can eat is basically guilt free for unlimited servings. In today's mini banana mini muffins I chose to add cinnamon chips and chopped heath bar because when I went to my pantry that's what we had.
So let's get down to these precious gifts from above ingredients:

2 Bananas
2 Cups of flour
1-2 Tsp. Cinnamon (depending on your cinnamon preference can be skipped altogether, I won't judge)
1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup butter or margarine (I have no idea what margarine is but apparently it can be swapped for butter
2 Eggs (In my recipe I did 1 egg and 3 tbsp. egg white, once again up to you, I'm an egg white fan)
1/4 Cup Milk (I use coconut almond milk, makes these beauties dairy free)
1 tsp. Baking Soda ( DO NOT substitute this ingredient it has to be BAKING SODA)
1 tsp. Vanilla

EXTRAS:
Heath Bar
Cinnamon Chips
Walnuts
Chocolate Chips
Whatever else just don't go to crazy

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Instructions:
1. Combine room temperature butter and sugar in a bowl ( I used a handheld mixer you can use a regular mixer or just do it by hand, makes for a decent forearm workout)
2. Mix in eggs one at a time
3. Add milk
4. Add in vanilla and cinnamon
5. Mash bananas and incorporate into batter
6. Mix baking soda and flour together in a small bowl and slowly begin to add into wet batter
7. Add you're extras or just keep it simple and don't add anything
8. Spoon batter into mini muffin tins, I use a small ice cream scoop to make this easier for me but a regular spoon works fine
9. Into the oven they go for 12-15 minutes depending on how well done you like these muffies

(If using batter to make bread and not muffins usually takes about 45 minutes to cook up depending on your pan size, makes about 36 mini muffies!)

Comments